Yorkshire Wolds Half Marathon

The annual pilgrimage to this year's race took place on Saturday as I took part in my 30th Yorkshire Wolds half marathon, which starts and finishes at the Bishop Wilton Show.





Gone are the days when I toed the actual start line.  Instead I now start well back in the pack and get off to a steady start.



The first 5 miles is predominantly downhill and it's very easy to get sucked into a faster pace.  After that you are climbing at 6 and 7 miles before dropping down again to mile 8.  After which starting gently, you climb up to the finish on the 'Show Field' at the Bishop Wilton Show.



I feel as though I still had the Endure 24 in my legs a little, but managed to cross the line in 1.50.55 (8 minutes faster than last year) in 65th position.



 This years race was won by Scott Harrington of Otley AC in 76.11.  While first lady, finishing in 16th position overall with a time of  1.34.14 was Pontefract's Alice Smith.

Comments

Unknown said…
Alan
Just been reading that you've passed 95,000 miles. Beats my 25000. I've cycled 66,000 and wonder if I'll get up to 100,000 on the bike. At 2,000 a year at the moment, and 62 year old, might have to try and keep going until I'm 80!
Anyway best wishes.
Tony Woods
Alan Dent said…

Hi Tony

Thanks - Have had to write February off due to injury but determined to get there.

I'm sure you will make 100,000 on the bike - as long as you are getting out and enjoying it - that's the main thing.

All the best

Alan