Going Solo

For the past two years I have ran the Endure 24 (Leeds) as part of a mixed pair with my sister Catherine.  Both races have been enjoyable experiences and pretty successful, with us  clocking 105 miles each time.

As you can imagine, though, at the back of my mind there has always been the nagging question.

How far could I manage on my own?

So following this years event, when Catherine decided that due to continuing injuries she would concentrate on shorter races for the foreseeable future.  It presented me with the ideal opportunity to find out. 

I must admit I have not dived straight into the decision and was at first mulling it over.  Did I have the time and inclination? Would recent health conditions pose a problem? that sort of thing.

But as I sunned myself in Southern Italy I received an email from the race organisers saying that places for next years race were filling fast.

The email had the desired affect - I entered there and then - decision made!

For now my running is pretty basic, just building up and recovering from holiday excess. But I will, over the coming months, start tailoring towards next years Endure 24. 

Keep reading my blog to find out how I get on.

Comments