95,000 miles breached

It has been some time since I posted anything here.  The reason being that I didn't want this blog to become just a chronicle of injuries and illness, of which there has been a more or less continuous streak following my 'cracked ribs' post back in September.

Although these have impacted adversely upon my running I have still managed to breach the 95,000 mile mark in my quest to run 100,000 miles before my 65th birthday. 

For those of a betting disposition then, the odds for achieving this would seem to have grown longer.  With more friends and running partners now of the persuasion that I will achieve it, and probably in my 65th year, but not before my birthday.

But, hope blooms eternal, and even though time is ticking, it is still possible!


On another recurring topic in this blog I have noticed that the controversy surrounding the Nike Vapourfly is continuing. With articles now frequenting the general press as well as the athletics press.  Also the IAAF, it has been reported are looking at the suitability of current regulations governing shoe technology in light of claims that the Vapourfly is 'technological doping'.





In any case for future posts hopefully it will be a case of onwards and upwards, with reports of miles being clocked up and (fingers crossed) a race.

Comments