To rest or not to rest

That is the eternal question, it seems. The plan last night when I went to bed was to get up early this morning and run a regular 6 mile route before breakfast. That was nearly 4 hours ago and instead of running I am now onto my third cup of Coffee and sitting here writing about tiredness. Really I have no right to feel this way, I no longer work therefore no longer subjet to those demands and pressures and although my training has picked up a little I wouldn't cosider it to be excessive. It's obviously just one of those days and I WILL be out later. However, tiredness is an area we must be aware of as runners. I am sure that we have all had days like this and I am also sure that most, if not all have overtrained at some point. While I have been drinking my coffee this morning I have also read an interesting article in Outside magazine, where the columnist writes that fatigue comes in two very different forms and fixing each requires completely different approaches. The article can be found at

Comments