And it was all going so well

It is now a race against time (no pun intended). Preparations for the Endure 24 were going well, even the Governments decision not to lift the final Covid restrictions have only made adjustments to the running (perhaps these puns are infact intended) of the event, rather than its cancelation. Then mid week my right knee decided enough was enough and I also developed a sharp and uncomfortable pain in my glute and down the hamstring which has stopped me running and has even made sitting an uncomfortable experience, especially when driving the car. Along with increased stretching (ok some stretching) and massage I am trying to keep things ticking over with long walks and riding a static bike, which I seem to be able to do in 30 minute stretches without it having an adverse affect. But with the race just over a week away it's not just my hamstrings that are tight!
Obviously this injury is also having an adverse affect on my long term target of running 100,000 mile before my 65th birthday. Current mileage is standing at 98,161 with just over 10 month to go, so the quicker I can get this sorted the better.

Comments