Is that a race I see on the horizon?

It is just a little over 3 weeks until my first race of the year. Although I could hardly be described as a prolific racer over the last 4 years, the race in question is the Endure 24 at Leeds, which will be my first race since July 2019. The Covid pandemic being responsible for such a long hiatus. This will be the third time that I have competed in this race. The previous two times (2018 and 2019) it was as part of a mixed pairs team, with my sister Catherine.This year we have both decided to enter the solo race, so it should be interesting to see how we get on.
Training has been going pretty well with the aim of just spending time on my feet rather than any concerted speedwork. Despite some on going problems with my right knee which has resulted in not being able to run for a couple of weeks I am probably the fittest I have been for the last 7 or 8 years,
With regards to my long term target of running 100,000 mile before my 65th birthday, last week saw me pass the 98,000 mile mark so things are looking up on that front too,

Comments