Salvage worthy

 Last night I watched a programme on TV called Salvage Hunters. Where an Antiques Dealer, Drew Pritchard, travels the length and breadth of the country in search of antiques.

In last nights episode he found what he termed a mid-century (1950’s) set of metal drawers. The scratches and other signs of wear adding to its charm as was the patina (rust). All it needed, he said was a quick rub down and a covering  of wax.


Later as I looked in the mirror, what I was seeing was a mid-century runner. Hopefully the wrinkles and weathering of over 40 years of running are giving me some sort of charm. As for the patina, well the hair is greying and although there are no visible signs of rust I am sure there is plenty in the virtual sense.

It would be great if all I needed was a quick rub down and a coat of wax but tomorrow’s hill session will probably be more useful.

Mind you if I had been born a horse I would probably be a tube of glue by now!

Or is that a mid-century thing too?

Comments