Home straight

As the end of March looms and I have 7 weeks and 2 days until my 65th birthday. It looks as though with 214 miles to go, I am entering the home straight of running 100,000 miles before my birthday.

I am not taking things for granted though. Just last Monday, while out running I had an argument with a tree stump, with the tree stump coming off the better. Although I tried to keep going throughout the week.,as you would no doubt guess. By Friday morning I was unable to put any real weight on my left foot.


Thanks to ice, a pack of Ibuprofen and three days of keeping off my feet, I ventured out for a test run this morning.

Following on from an unseasonably warm and sunny week last week. This morning dawned dull, miserable and rainy. However, I headed out for an easy 4 miler with my daughter around the bottom end of Derwent Reservoir and across the dam as the last of the morning mist dissipated.

The good news is, that although there is still some pain and my foot stiffened up following the run. It feels an awful lot better than last week.  With the result that I am looking forward to getting back on track this week and reaching the equivalent of running 4 times around the world before 17 May.

Comments