Four times around the world




Well at least the equivalent of……

 On the 3rd November 2014, I posted on this blog that after reading on a beer mat, in a pub in York, that in his 84 years Alfred Waignwright trekked over 100,000 miles. I set myself a target of having run 100,000 miles before my 65th birthday.

At the time my running mileage stood at 86,000 mile. From June 1981, since when I had started keeping a training log and recording all of my runs.



Today a gentle 4 mile run around Derwenthaigh Park saw me reach the 100,000 mile target with 10 days to spare.


When I set the target I expected some difficulties such as injury and couple of colds. I didn’t expect to overcome a heart operation and a Pulmonary Embolism. But it wouldn’t be a challenge if it was easy I suppose .



While running the 100,000 miles I have also completed 1000 races. The reason for doing the miles in the first place.

Now, it’s time to think of a new challenge.

Comments