We can but dream



It’s been a while since I posted anything here. That doesn’t mean to say I haven’t been running though.

Since the beginning of the year I have been slowly building up the miles with the aim of competing in a 7 hour race at Durham in May and another attempt at the Leeds Endure 24 at the end of June.

Following a couple of set backs, a heavy fall resulting in cracked ribs and a really heavy cold which I just couldn’t shake, things seem to be now picking up. 

The initial training schedule I drew up didn’t seem to be working either. So following the fall I reviewed and revised it and it seems to be working.

Sandwiched between these two events I have the Blaydon Race on 9th June. Coincidentally I came across some pictures and the results of the Blaydon Race from 30 year ago. 

Oh to run those sort of times again! We can but dream.











Comments