Return of the beast


Following Endure 24 we headed out to Lanzarote for some R&R. Running just every other day most of my runs were on the coastal path between Costa Teguise and Las Caletas. Although I did venture inland over the rocky interior on a couple of occasions.

On getting back we headed straight down to East Yorkshire for the 2nd edition of the Bishop Wilton Beast.

Following a new course, this year’s multi- terrain race was slightly shorter at around 7 miles. I’m not sure if it was the heat or the excesses of the holiday but I struggled as soon as we hit the first hill. So it was a case of just digging in and plodding on.

Despite the slower pace I more or less maintained my position for the next few miles and actually started to move slowly up through the field as we got into the latter stages.

The final hill ‘the beast’ is quite short but very steep and for the second year in a row I was reduced to a walk from about a third of the way up. Finishing in 57th position overall, I was a little disappointed but finished higher than last year. Hopefully next year will see further improvements.





Comments