To infinity and beyond




 Well I’ve eventually opened my racing account for the year. The ‘to infinity and beyond 2’ held at Durham yesterday is a time event, held over 7 hours with participants running as far as they can or want within that time.

As I am doing a similar event over 24 hours in June this was an ideal opportunity to get a long run in under similar circumstances.

The course was a 7Km loop along the banks of the River Wear and conditions were ideal for running. It was a relaxed and friendly atmosphere as around 200 of us set out on the first lap.

Despite trying to force myself to run slow and steady I still found myself well up on my planned schedule after the first two laps.

The majority of the field completed distances up to the marathon leaving 28 of us to go beyond the 26.2 miles. I called it a day at 50km and was pleased with the way things had gone, finishing in 21st place.

Comments