Got that ol' racing bug back again

As I have only raced 6 times between January and the end of August, 5 races in the last two and a half weeks has come as something of a shock to my body. Even though I feel that my performances are still down on what they could be, they have served their purpose - I have shown some slight improvement and as the title of this post suggests I'm getting back into racing and want more.

Having said that, following Sundays 10km at Preston I have decided, although I am not going to abandon racing altogether, what is required now is a good block of training over the next 8 weeks, with the aim of further improvement. So am looking for a target race towards the end of November, and have penciled in a 10km in Workington on the 20th.

So, last nights session was a start back to some speed work with 10 x 1 minute on 1 minute jog recovery. In unusually mild and warm conditions, as we bask in the start of this 'Indian Summer' it was an enjoyably hard session around Newburn Business Park.

Following the session I was asked if I fancied running a leg in a team bi-athlon event at Kielder, a week on Saturday - how could I resist! So with the final race in the Bunny Run series next Wednesday, that's another two races next week.

What was that plan again?

Comments